Good Morning

Good Morning
Starting a day looking out library window

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing #22 -- Your Cellphone as a Tool

More to a cellphone than making phone calls!! Wow, once again I am being reminded about what a dinosaur I am. Remember, I am the one without a cellphone. When looking through some of these sites regarding education and using cellphones my first impulse would be it will not be workable; too many poor kids without cell phones, too much playing and not learning. However, after I started thinking about it more, I realized that was just my bias. When I leave work at the days end, I am aware that I see kids with phones I had not expected to have a cell phone. I see in the hallways kids using the phones during school hours even though it is prohibited. The kids would really get into using a cell phone for all of the methods stated in the articles. They would most likely be on task too. The cost would likely cause some parents, like myself, to bock at the idea. Why do I need to pay for it? However, I need to find ways to keep my son interested in high school. Aren't I the one worried that he is going to drop out because of feeling school is "not important and just a waste of his time". The cellphone would be really good for a teacher to remind the class of assignments. I really liked the idea of having google maps on the cell phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.