Good Morning

Good Morning
Starting a day looking out library window

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing #21 Copyright and Freedom of Information

This task was very, very informative. I liked how it gave links to information that I will need in my media clerk position. It got me thinking about a teacher that used a rap video in her class, copied the lyrics onto an overhead. Prior to reading this I had not even thought about if this was permit table. Is this my responsibility as the media clerk to know? Thank you for providing the links, I am now going to mark these when I return to work.
It is important to continue to bring up the ethical use of copyright in the library. It is the spot where teachers bring classes in for research on computers or text books. At times, everyone forgets about the legal aspect when doing the research. Remembering that someone else wrote this is sometimes over shadowed by just "getting it done" and how does my little research paper in where ever America, pertain to copyright. The teacher librarian, class teacher, and media clerk need to constantly remind students about citing one's score. I feel this is the most important part of the class so far. When I began my job during the training, I received minimal information on this. This is something that must continue to stay in the front of my thoughts.

No comments: