Good Morning

Good Morning
Starting a day looking out library window

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing #20 Social Networking

When I first began reading about Social Networking, my first thoughts were that this would not be something for me. I envisioned only myspace.com and facebook.com, as being the entire realm of socializing on the web. Once I spent more time reading and going through the links I began to realize that I was wrong. I was fascinated with the cooking and baking sites. I must admit that I marked those in my favorites. Reading Steve Campion's article posted on webjunction.com allowed me to think about the vaious ways that a library can assist in linking groups of people together. Prior to reading his article I did not perceive how this could be used in a library. I also enjoyed looking at the Denver Public Library, myspace account. This site was very eye catching and youth friendly. After doing this excercise, I still do not want my own social networking site but I can see why it has become popular.

No comments: